The International Society of Neutron Instrument Engineers (ISNIE) was established in September of 2017. The idea for the ISNIE emerged because of the very successful conferences, held annually, called the Design and Engineering of Neutron Instrument Meeting (DENIM), first held in 2012. During DENIM each year, the community reaps the benefits of building relationships and sharing expertise amongst the relatively small group of professionals who represent about twenty neutron facilities worldwide. So rather than limit this interaction to once a year, the International DENIM committee (IDC) concluded that all the benefits of DENIM and more can be achieved year-round through an International Society and hence the ISNIE has been born
Membership in the ISNIE is available to any individual interested in the free and open discussion of neutron instrument engineering! All you must do is sign a pledge to accept the values of the society as expressed in our charter. You can join the ISNIE here.
Please note that employees and owners of for-profit organizations are only eligible for Corporate Membership. Corporate Members are ineligible to be members of the Board of Directors and are restricted from some society resources.
The ISNIE will enable you to exchange ideas and share knowledge and lessons learned with your peers! It will also give you access to the ISNIE website (currently under construction) which will include;
• Forums with dedicated topics- share your knowledge & learn from others!
• Jobs postings
• Neutron instruments with fast access to neutron instrument engineers
• Useful tips and other information for “new” neutron instrument engineers
• A list of upcoming relevant workshops and congresses
• Past DENIM presentations & future DENIM event information
• Information about the Companies that Support our Community